Seared Pork with Polenta, Braised Red Cabbage & Pears
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup grated smoked Gouda
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 6 slices, each pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 firm but ripe Bartlett pear, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from everydayrachelray.com
In a medium pot, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium. Add the cabbage and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup stock, the vinegar and allspice; season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the cabbage is tender and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the sugar.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the remaining 2 cups stock to a boil. Whisk in the cornmeal and simmer over medium-low until thick, 5 minutes. Whisk in the cheese and 2 tbsp. butter; season.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium. Pat the pork dry, season and cook until golden, 2 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tbsp. butter over medium-high. Cook the pears, stirring occasionally, until browned, 2 minutes.
Divide the polenta and cabbage between plates. Top with the pork and pears.
You'll also love
- Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Escarole and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Pop Pulled Pork 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Orange Beef with Bell Peppers &... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Three-Ingredient Peach Chipotle... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Lindsey Shere's Baked Caramel Pears 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple-and-Pear Galette with Walnut... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Hearty Kale Salad w/Bacon - Eating... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)