Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake
From Southern Living
- 1 (16-ounce) package pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Beat cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
Beat remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, and 1 cup powdered sugar at medium speed until smooth. Pour over cake batter. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and chocolate morsels.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle cake evenly with remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar.