Chicken-Make-Ahead Slow-Cooker Chicken Paprikash
- Packed with smoked paprika, garlic and bell peppers, this flavorful freezer to slow cooker make-ahead chicken dinner will have you craving even more delicious Central European fare.
- To Freeze/Slow Cook
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs save $
- 3 red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into large strips
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- To Serve
- 4 cups hot cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
In large bowl, mix tomatoes, paprika, salt and garlic. Add chicken, bell peppers and onion; mix well. Divide evenly between two labeled 1-gallon freezer bags. Lay flat, and freeze up to 3 months.
2. Thaw 12 to 24 hours in refrigerator, until completely thawed.
3. Pour contents of bags into 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
4. Divide rice among 8 bowls. Divide chicken mixture among bowls of rice. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 3/4 teaspoon dill.