Cauliflower & Kale Frittata
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Onions Yellow/ Brown Fresh
- 1 pkg For $1.79
- Thru 02/17
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or shredded Manchego cheese
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from EATINGWELL.COM
Position a rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Add cauliflower and water. Cover and cook until just tender, about 6 minutes. Add kale, garlic, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, until the kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Whisk eggs, paprika and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the vegetables to the egg mixture; gently stir to combine. Wipe the pan clean; add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and top with cheese. Cover and cook until the edges are set and the bottom is brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
Transfer the pan to the oven and broil until the top of the frittata is just cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 324 calories; 22 g fat (7 g sat, 10 g mono); 383 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 21 g protein; 3 g fiber; 555 mg sodium; 778 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (214% daily value), Vitamin A (185% dv), Folate (27% dv), Calcium (25% dv), Potassium (22% dv), Iron (20% dv), Magnesium (17% dv), Vitamin B12 (15% dv)
You'll also love
- Salmon Sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Turkey Meatballs... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Tomato, Bacon and Gruyere Tart 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chow Fun with Roast Pork and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Kale Caesar with Fried Chickpeas 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pea Cauliflower Risotto 4.3/5 (3 Votes)