Chicken Breasts Magic Mushroom Sauce
- 5 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and split
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 Ib. fresh mushrooms, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. flour
- Pinch of tarragon
- 2 cups rich chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. Cognac
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Roll in flour, then saute the chicken breasts gently in the 14 cup butter until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Add the additional butter and saute the minced mushrooms over high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Add the green onions, sprinkle with the flour and stir until blended. Add the tarragon and the chicken stock and stir constantly until sauce comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
Place chicken and sauce in a casserole, cover and bake at 325 or 350° for 30-45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven. Take out chicken. Add sour cream, Cognac and heat, stirring until sauce is hot but not boiling. Place chicken in a heatproof serving dish or casserole and pour sauce over all. Return to oven long enough to make certain it is very hot. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
To prepare ahead of time: This lends itself beautifully to preparation ahead of time, either the day before or in the morning. Reheat, covered in the oven.
To Freeze: This freezes. Defrost, then reheat gently in the oven.
You'll also love
- Beef & Crimini Brochettes with Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Cornbread Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Darn Chicken Tenders 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MUSTARD MUSHROOM CHICKEN 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Caper Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)