Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (by Recipe Girl)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
Adapted from magazine.foxnews.com
1. In medium bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Scoop the filling into a quart-size Ziploc bag and set aside to thicken at room temperature.
1. In a small pan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
3. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla.
4. Set aside.
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
2. Whisk in milk, egg and oil until the batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
3. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
4. Use ice cream scoop or 1⁄3 cup measuring cup to add batter to the skillet (about 5 inches in diameter).
5. Reduce heat to medium-low.
6. Open ziploc bag with cinnamon filling, and stir to reincorporate any butter that has separated; Reseal, and carefully snip corner of bag to use as pastry bag.
7. Pipe cinnamon filling onto top of each pancake (start from center and swirl outward).
8. Cook pancake until bubbles begin to appear and burst on top of the pancake and it is golden brown on the bottom (3 - 4 minutes).
9. Slide a thin spatula underneath the pancake quickly flip over.
10. Cook until other side of pancake is golden (additional 2 to 3 minutes).
11. When done, flip pancakes onto plate. Serve pancakes topped with a drizzle of warm cream cheese glaze.