Bluefoot Or Mixed Wild Mushroom Risotto With Arugula
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces coarsely-chopped bluefoot mushrooms (or mixed cremini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion or two big shallots finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup arugula or flat-leaf parsley washed, dried, and minced
Heat large skillet over medium heat and, when hot to touch, add 1/8 cup olive oil and heat until fragrant but not smoking. Add chopped mushrooms and sauté gently until softened, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes. Add salt and pepper and scrape mixture into bowl.
In saucepan, bring water or stock to a boil and keep it simmering. Wipe skillet with paper towel and heat again. Add remaining 1/8 cup oil and heat over medium heat. When fragrant, add chopped onion or shallots and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent but not brown. Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
Add wine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously and increasing heat to medium, if needed. In 1/2-cup increments, add boiling water or stock, stirring after each addition, not adding more liquid until all is absorbed. Stir often and avoid adding too much liquid.
After 15 to 20 minutes, liquid should be absorbed and rice creamy with a slightly chewy center.
Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms, cream, cheese and chopped arugula or parsley. Stir until melted and combined, and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 570 Cal; 12g Prot; 22g Total Fat (7 Sat. Fat); 72g Carb.; 25mg Chol; 300mg Sod.; 3g Fiber.
Wine Suggestions: The main components of this dishmushrooms, leafy greens, black pepper and Parmesan cheese -- will match well with Cabernet Sauvignon. Try Bonterra Vineyard's Organically Grown North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon. The tannins are a good match with the olive oil, cheese and earthiness of the mushrooms, letting you savor the fruit in the wine.
You'll also love
- Blue Corn Hotcakes With Red Chile... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beet And Fennel Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom And Tomato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Spinach Salad With Cranberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Teriyaki Soba Noodles With Tofu... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach And Arugula Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)