Seared Cod with Spinach-Lemon Sauce
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- Simply Orange Orange Juice Calcium, Pulp Free
- 2 For $6.00
- Thru 02/20
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds cod (see Tip), cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or canola oil
- Crisco Vegetable Oil Pure
- Thru 02/20
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from EATINGWELL.COM
Place spinach and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it. Microwave on High until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Puree the wilted spinach (and any remaining water), parsley, lemon juice, orange juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and crushed red pepper in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
Sprinkle cod with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the cod, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
Pour the reserved sauce into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve the fish on top of the sauce, sprinkled with almonds.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Soup Moroccan 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chakapuli (Georgian Veal &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- APPLE SOUP (COLD) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chardonnay-Herb Marinade Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pea, Lettuce & Celery Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Squid Ink Giant Raviolo 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Manicotti 5/5 (1 Votes)