Chicken with Parmesan Noodles
- 1 1
- 9 ounce package refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 4 4
- large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 2
- tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 1 1/2
- pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 6
- tablespoons purchased basil pesto
- 1/4 1/4
- cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet cook carrots in 1 tablespoon melted butter over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken. Add 4 tablespoons pesto; toss to coat.
Drain pasta. Return to pan; toss with remaining butter and pesto. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle pasta with Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and top with basil. Makes 6 servings.