Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk, plus more if desired
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: Raspberries (for garnish)
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat an electric non-stick griddle to 350 degrees.
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; Set aside.
2. Measure milk into liquid measuring cup and whisk in vinegar; Allow mixture to rest for 2 minutes.
3. Pour milk mixture into a separate large mixing bowl and add in sugar, eggs, red food coloring, vanilla and melted butter.
4. Whisk mixture until well combined.
5. While whisking, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
6. Pour 1/4 - 1/3 cup batter (depending on how large you want your pancakes) at a time onto hot griddle.
7. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the top surface of the pancakes then flip and cook opposite side until pancake is cooked through.
8. Serve warm with Cream Cheese Glaze and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves if desired.
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
1. In mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on medium speed, blend together cream cheese and butter until well combined and fluffy, (about 2 mins.).
2. Add in remaining ingredients and mix about 1 minute until well combined, adding additional milk to thin if desired.
3. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.