Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie (small batch)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (or other chocolate chips or candy)
- Reddi-Wip, for serving
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. You will need a 6.25” mini cast iron skillet to make this cookie as shown. If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a 6” cake pan, an 8x4” loaf pan, or make individual cookies in a muffin pan. If you are using a skillet, cake, or loaf pan, spray it with nonstick cooking spray. If you’re using a muffin pan, use liners for easy removal and serving (it will probably make about 4 muffin sized cookies).
2. Melt butter in a large bowl. Stir in both sugars, then egg yolk, extract, baking soda and salt. Carefully stir in the flour then mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Optional: add 1/3 cup of ANY kind of chips or candy instead of the mini chips called for, if you wish.
4. Bake the mini cast iron skillet for about 18-24 minutes, or until the edges are puffed and the center no longer looks translucent. Using another pan will affect baking time.
5. Serve warm, with lots of Reddi-Wip and sprinkles.