Baked Macaroni & Cheese in Prosciutto Cups
- 1/2 Lb Small Elbow Macaroni
- 6 Slices Prosciutto (try and have it sliced slightly on the thicker side)
- 1 Cup Provolone Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Pasta Cooking Water
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine the oil and breadcrumbs in a saucepan and toast over moderate heat. Remove from the flame and set aside.
Cut the six prosciutto slices in half so you have 12 squares. Position them in a muffin pan and up the sides of the pan as well. Set aside.
Shred both cheeses with a cheese grater and set aside.
Drop the pasta in the salted boiling water.
While the pasta is cooking melt the butter in a large sauté pan and add the flour. Whisk until all the flour is absorbed and the mixture begins to darken in color.
Ad in the milk and whisk until the mixture has thickened. About 5 minutes.
Cook the pasta until slightly harder than al dente. Reserve 1/4 Cup pasta water and drain.
Add the pasta water, provolone and mozzarella and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Add the pasta, salt and plenty of fresh pepper. Stir until all the pasta is evenly coated.
Remove from heat and fill the prosciutto cups with the pasta mixture. Top with the toasted bread crumbs and bake for 25-30 minutes until the the cheese is bubbling on the sides.
Cool about 5-10 minutes out of the oven before moving them. Run a knife around the edges and lift out with a spoon. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- cheesey baked asparagus 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli for Two 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Italian Pasta Bake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Tortellini... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One-Dish Chicken Macaroni Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)