Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- 2 cups (packed) Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork) or other shredded meat (see notes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tinned black beans or red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15oz / 400g) corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any good melting cheese)
- 8 tortillas
- 3 cups (750ml/25oz) Enchilada Sauce (preferably homemade, like this Easy Classic Enchilada Sauce)
1.Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2.Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over high heat. Add the pork carnitas and cook until the bottom is nicely browned - about 1½ minutes. Do not turn, just make the bottom crispy (to keep the pulled pork as moist as possible), then remove the pulled pork into a bowl. It does not matter if the top isn't heated through, it will heat in the oven.
3.Add the corn, black beans, ½ cup enchilada sauce and ½ cup cheese into the bowl and mix to combine.
4.Spread ½ cup of Enchilada Sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
5.Place ½ packed cup of filling (from step 3) into a tortilla and roll up and place in the baking dish.
6.Pour over the remaining Enchilada Sauce, and bake for 10 minutes.
7.Remove from oven and scatter the cheese on, then bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
8.Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1. If you are substituting the Pork Carnitas with another meat that is not seasoned, add 1 tsp salt (check for seasoning by tasting it), black pepper, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp onion powder and ½ tsp garlic powder to the Enchilada filling mix.