- 1 - 16 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C. tomato paste
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
Place all ingredients into a food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. (If it looks too thick, thin it with water by adding one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.)
Serve hummus as a dip for raw veggies and/or whole grain crackers.
Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.