- 4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or trans-fat free margarine
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from two medium lemons)
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon brined capers, well rinsed, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Season chicken with pepper. Dredge in flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes per side until brown. Transfer to a plate
Add the lemon juice, chicken stock, and cappers and bring to a simmer, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Return the chicken to the pan along with the spinach. Cover and cook 1 minute more, turning once until the chicken is cooked through and the spinach has wilted. Add the butter or margarine and stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
13g fat (3g saturated)
1-7 mg cholesterol