- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 large white or yellow onion quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 good-quality 12" prepared pizza crust
- 4 ounces organic smoked mozzarella - (to 6) grated (or sharp cheddar cheese or soy cheese of choice)
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and sauté slowly, covered, until translucent. Uncover and continue to sauté until they are nicely golden (but not browned), stirring often.
Arrange the onions on the pizza crust, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the onions.
Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese in melted. Cut into wedges and serve at once.
This recipe yields 2 to 3 servings.