Caramelized Onion Pot Roast
on Low for 8-10 hours
- 4 pounds beef boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive and vegetables oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Trim excess fat from beef. heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Cook Beef in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
place onions in 3-1/2 into slow cooker. Place beef on onions.
Mix remaining ingredients, pour over beef and onions. Cover and cook on low heat seeking 8-10 hours or until beef is tender.