- 1 pound good-quality frozen cheese tortellini, vegetable-filled tortellini, or tofu tortellini
- 1 cup frozen green peas unthawed
- 2 cups finely-chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 jar roasted red peppers - (10 to 12 oz)
- Liquid from the roasted peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup grated fresh organic Parmesan cheese (or Parmesan-style soy cheese)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Begin cooking the tortellini according to package directions.
Layer the frozen peas and the broccoli florets in a large saucepan with l/2 inch of water. Bring them to a simmer and steam over moderate heat, covered, until the peas are thawed and the broccoli is bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the peas and broccoli and rinse them under cool water until they are at room temperature.
In the meantime, drain the roasted peppers, reserving the juices in a small mixing bowl. Cut the peppers into strips. Combine the liquid from the red peppers with the remaining dressing ingredients and mix.
When the tortellini are done, drain them and rinse under cool water until they are at room temperature. Combine them in a mixing bowl with the peas, broccoli, red pepper strips, and dressing. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Tofu And Potato Kebabs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tofu 'Tuna' And White Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soba (Buckwheat Noodles) With Snow... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice-Stick Noodles With Exotic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne With Swiss Chard And White... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek-Flavored Spinach And Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Six-Cheese Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)