- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes (or 1 cup canned diced tomatoes)
- 2 large scallions chopped
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded, minced (or 4-oz can chopped mild green chilies)
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the tomatoes and scallions and sauté over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together, then simmer, covered, over low heat for 30 minutes. If there's too much liquid in the skillet at this time, cook, uncovered, until it thickens up a bit. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 6 or more servings.