WHITE CHEDDAR & BACON DIP
- 1 cup Vermont white cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons of green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- Flatbread or crackers for dipping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from expertgriller.com
1. Cook bacon on stovetop according to directions. Once cooked, place bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces. Reserve 1/3 of the bacon pieces for topping.
2. Mix white cheddar, cream cheese, green onions and 2/3 of crumbled bacon, then place in an oven-safe casserole dish.
3. Bake in 400˚F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until heated through and edges start to bubble.You can also do this on your grill by placing the oven safe dish directly on the grill over medium high heat. If cooking over the grill make sure to give the dip a stir every 2 minutes or so to evenly melt all the cheeses.
4. While baking, toast flatbread in oven or if cooking on the grill you can toast the flatbread directly on the grill until grill marks form.
5. Once the cheese in the dip is fully melted and the dip begins to bubble, remove and top with the remaining bacon and cheddar jack cheese. Finish with chopped fresh parsley.
Serve with flatbread or crackers for dipping.