Goose or Turkey Filling
"Copy of Mom's recipe received from Aunt Ella; supplementary notation added on 10-31-73. Dad". (Mom referred to is Ruth Nero Lense and Dad is her son, Norville Nero).
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean pork
- 1 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 lrg. onion (cut fine and fry in the butter)
- 1 lrg. apple
- 2 cold boiled potatoes
- 1 1/2 boxes Unceda (?) buiscuits (I would say Bisquick on this one)
Put following through food chopper: onion, apples, potatoes, and one box crackers. Soak in water the other 1/2 box. Supplental from Norv Nero: "of crackers and mix with above ingredients. Season well (2 tsp. salt). Add Myprau* to taste about 2 tsp. - or more! - fine leaves and stems. Add 1/2 c. raisins. Take drssing out of bird about 1 hour before serving. Place into frying pan and band dish and brown, stiring often. Simmer about 1 hour. Add a little of the gravy to have it moist. More salt may be needed.
* Sweet Marjorem?
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)