Contemporary Waldorf Salad
- 3 medium crisp apples cored, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup commercially prepared soy mayonnaise
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 ounces mixed baby greens (mesclun) or as desired
Combine the apples and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss together. add the remaining ingredients except the greens, and toss well.
Line 4 salad plates or shallow bowls with greens. Divide the salad over them and serve at once.
This recipe yields 4 servings.