Slow Cooker Chicken Lentil Soup
- 1 pound dried lentils
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- Cayenne, if desired*
- 7 and 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Green onions, for topping
- Cilantro, for topping
- Non fat plain greek yogurt, for topping
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 245mins
Adapted from showmetheyummy.com
Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
Place all ingredients into crockpot (except green onions, cilantro, and greek yogurt) and stir to combine.
Cook on HIGH for FOUR hours or LOW for EIGHT hours.
After the soup is done cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred them using two forks.
Place chicken back into soup and stir to combine.
Serve with sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, and greek yogurt!
*I think it really helps this dish. We like spicy, so we used 1 teaspoon of cayenne.
** Nutrition information does not include toppings (green onion, cilantro, greek yogurt)
Serving size: ⅛th of the recipe Calories: 344 Fat: 5.8 Carbohydrates: 40.3 Fiber: 18.9 Protein: 32.8