Zucchini Noodle Chow Mein
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil, grapeseed oil or any cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound (225g) ground pork
- 1 small red bell pepper, thin sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped cilantro (optional)
- chili garlic sauce, sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
Adapted from whiteonricecouple.com
Cut zucchini into noodles with spiralizer, julienne tool or mandolin. Set aside.
Make the sauce: In medium bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce and sugar. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic, cook till soft.
Add pork and cook until brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and carrot. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
Add the zucchini noodles and the sauce. Stir everything in the pan until coated and continue cooking until zucchini noodles are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro, serve with hot sauce.
Read more at http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/zucchini-noodle-chow-mein/#Z9lKQIlsj778skYk.99