Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli for Two
This classic Italian recipe is often called "pasta fazool." It is rich and hearty, made with beef, vegetables, beans, and pasta; "fasule" means beans in Neapolitan. the pasta cooks in the slow cooker with the other ingredients, so it picks up all the rich flavors. 11 WW points per serving.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- One 15-ounce can red kidney beans, drains
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 470mins
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef with the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, stirring to break up the meat, until the beef is no longer ping. drain well and place the mixture in the slow cooker.
2. Add the carrot, celery, kidney beans, tomatoes, broth, spaghetti sauce, salt, oregano, basil and pepper to the slow cooker and stir. cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
3. Add the pasta to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 20-30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese (if using).