Singapore Mai Fun
- 1 (6-ounce) package skinny rice noodles (py mai fun)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
Cook rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, and salt; stir until sugar dissolves.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 teaspoon oil. Add egg; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper strips, ginger, crushed red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds. Add chicken, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add curry and shrimp; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in noodles, broth mixture, and egg; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onions.
CALORIES 237 (17% from fat); FAT 4.6g (sat 1g,mono 1.7g,poly 1.3g); IRON 2.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 115mg; CALCIUM 53mg; CARBOHYDRATE 27.8g; SODIUM 646mg; PROTEIN 19.7g; FIBER 1.3g