Rhubarb-Strawberry Streusel Tart
This is a lot of filling. I suggest usng 2 cups each of rhubarb and strawberries.
- Dough for 9-inch pie crust
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb (3/4")
- 3 cups strawberries; halved if large
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or ceramic pie pan with dough; trim edges. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
In a large bowl, stir together the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and cornstarch; place in crust.
In medium bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized pieces. Stir in pecans.
Sprinkle over tart.
Place tart with baking sheet in oven; bake 55-65 minutes or until edges and center are bubbly and streusel is golden brown.