Tagliatelle With Mussels, Clams And Pesto
- 12 littleneck clams scrubbed
- 12 mussels scrubbed, debearded
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces tagliatelle or linguine
- 6 tablespoons purchased pesto
- 1/4 cup sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine clams, mussels and wine in heavy large pot; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cover pot; cook until shellfish open, about 7 minutes (discard any that do not open). Using tongs, transfer shellfish to bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. Reserve shellfish juices.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
Drain pasta; return to same pot. Add reserved shellfish juices, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Toss over medium heat just until sauce coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide pasta between 2 bowls; top with shellfish and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (108 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 4.6/5 (39 Votes)