Spicy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Recipe from Community Bible Study (Mary)
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Ragu double cheddar cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk (or half and half or heavy cream)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with chiles (mild)
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mexican corn
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 baf Tortilla chips
- 1 can green chiles
Combine cheese sauce mix, milk and butter in large saucepan. Heat, stirring frequently, until it just comes to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and add Ro-Tel tomatoes, green chiles and corn.
In a separate large skillet brown the chicken cubes. Add taco seasoning, stirring well to coat chicken cubes. Add chicken and onions stop cheese mixture, stir well to mix, and heat thoroughly.
Serve with tortilla chips.
I usually double the recipe and we serve soup over rice.
If you leave the milk out it makes a tasty dip.