Maple-Marinated Roasted Salmon
- 3/4 cup(s) maple syrup, (grade B, if available)
- 2 tablespoon(s) peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon or lime juice, (or white-wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 (2 1/4-pound) salmon fillet, (skin on)
1.Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large baking dish, combine maple syrup, gingerroot, lemon juice, soy sauce, pepper, and salt. Place salmon, skin-side up, in dish. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate 15 minutes. Turn; marinate 15 minutes.
2.Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place salmon on parchment, skin-side down. Brush with marinade and place in oven. Roast salmon 10 minutes. Brush fish with remaining marinade and continue roasting until flesh flakes when tested with a fork -- 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve.