Grandma Rosa's Apple Cake
This moist and delicious apple cake is the perfect for fall but can be enjoyed anytime of year. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a good cup of coffee.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 3 baking apples (such as Golden Delicious), peeled, cored, and cut into -1/2--inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons -light--brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from lidiasitaly.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour an 8-inch or 9-inch springform pan.
In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and white sugar until pale and light, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until light and fluffy, another minute or two. Beat in the vanilla.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the mixer with the lemon zest, and mix until just combined. In a medium bowl, toss together the apples, brown sugar, and walnuts. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and then sprinkle with the apple mixture.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool on a rack, then unmold, and cut into wedges to serve.
You'll also love
- Hot Spiced Pear Juice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Low Acid Blueberry Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry-Marscapone Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pie with Sour Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- red hot cinnamon apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Sue's Famous Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paglia e Fieno 0/5 (0 Votes)