Southwestern Black Bean And Hominy Salad
- 1 can black beans - (15 oz) rinsed, drained well
- 1 can golden hominy - (15 oz) rinsed, drained well
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 1/2 cup salsa verde or more if needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Add 1/2 cup salsa and toss to coat. Add more salsa if salad is dry. Season salad with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.