Almond Joy Easter Eggs
Just like the candy bar only better!!
- 1/4 lb. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 # confectioners sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 15 oz. flaked coconut
- 2-3 cups toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- choc. for dipping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
1. Mix butter and cream cheese together.
2. Add the confectioners sugar about 1 cup at a time, salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add the coconut and toasted almonds, and mix well until blended.
4. Place the mixture in the freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes (or fridge over night).
5. Take out of the freezer. Weight into 3 oz. amounts and form into egg shapes. Put confectionery sugar on your hands if it starts to stick.
6. Place each egg on a cookie sheet covered with parchment. Place in freezer again until they firm (at least 25 minutes).
7. Melt chocolate for dipping.
8. Dip bottoms of all eggs in chocolate, then tops of all eggs. Decorate with 2 whole almonds on the top of the egg while still wet.
Makes approx. 25 (3 oz.) eggs