Greek Yogurt With A Fig, Date, And Honey Swirl
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6 fresh or dried figs cut into quarters
- 6 dates pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups Greek yogurt see * Note
- Mint leaves for garnish
* Note: Greek yogurt is thicker and less sour than plain yogurt. If you can't find Greek yogurt, drain regular yogurt, refrigerated, overnight through cheesecloth.
Toast the nuts in a saute pan over medium heat until they become fragrant. Put the nuts onto a plate and set aside; when cool enough to handle, chop them roughly.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the figs, dates, honey, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon stick. Cook for about 10 minutes until fruit is soft. Set aside and let it cool slightly; remove the cinnamon stick.
Place the yogurt in a big bowl. Spoon the warm fruit onto the yogurt and gently swirl the fruit through the yogurt. Sprinkle on the nuts and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Frozen Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Corn Pancakes Topped With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Baba Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Couscous With Apricots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Figs With Baby Greens And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Prosciutto Roasted Figs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dates Stuffed With Rose-Almond... 0/5 (0 Votes)