Three Cheese Beefy Mostaccioli
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces mostaccioli noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat your Ninja Cooking System by setting the cooker to the Stovetop High setting for 3 minutes.
Add the ground beef and cooking until browned, about 8 minutes. If you are using a 90% lean ground beef or better, it's not necessary to drain once the beef is cooked. Add the onions and green bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the wine, and cook for an additional minute.
Set your Ninja Cooking System to the slow cook low setting.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooker and stir everything together. Top with the reserved mozzarella cheese.
Place the cooker lid, and leave it alone for 3 1/2 hours. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.