These Rugelach are laced with zesty lemon, rich pecans, sweet brown sugar, and toasty vanilla to create the perfect tangy-sweet cookie. These rugelach are perfect for any festive holiday occasion or dinner party filled with a large group of your closest family and friends. Serve these with a pipin' hot cup of coffee, some chilled milk, or even chilled champagne.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon, plus zest and juice of 1 lemon for garnish
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Combine the flour and salt in a food processor and pulse to mix. Scatter the cubed butter and cream cheese over the flour. Pulse 10 to 12 times for coarse crumbs to form.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and vanilla, then pour over the butter-flour mixture. Run the processor until the dough starts to clump together.
Turn the dough out onto a counter and gather the pieces into a ball. Divide into 2 portions, wrap each in plastic wrap, press into a disc and chill for 8 to 10 minutes.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each disc out like pie dough to a thin round about 1/8 inch thick.
Melt the butter and brush half over one of the rounds of dough. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar, and then drizzle with half the honey, pecans, and lemon zest. Cut the dough like a pizza into 12 slices. If the dough is sticky, chill it for a few minutes.
Roll up each slice into a crescent shape. Repeat with the second disc of dough and filling ingredients to make 24 rugelach total. Transfer them to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool, then squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle lemon zest over the tops.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Stuffed Shells 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Browned Butter Garlic Mashed... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Santa Hat Cookies 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Treat 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana Brownie Bread 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Macadamia White Chocolate Chip... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Cinnamon Orange Horchata 4.3/5 (10 Votes)