CORNED BEEF PANINI WITH HORSERADISH MAYONNAISE
- Horseradish Mayonnaise:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed, toasted
- 8 slices dark rye bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese slices
- Thin slices of red onion, cucumber, and tomato
- Olive oil – for brushing on sandwiches
1. Stir together all mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl. Lay out rye bread slices and spread mixture on each slice. Layer half of the slices with corned beef, cheese, red onion, cucumber, and tomato. Top with remaining bread slices.
2. Brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwich in hot pan and cover sandwich with foil. Place a heavy pan like a cast iron skillet on top of sandwich and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip sandwich, cover with foil again, and top with skillet; cook for another 3 minutes or until cheese melts and sandwich is crispy. Instead of this method, you can also use a panini grill pan.
3. Remove sandwiches to plates; cut in half and serve hot. Makes 4 panini. Good served with big dill pickles.
You'll also love
- Grilled Herb Stuffed Wild Trout 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Wraps - Makes 4 servings 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Pork chops with mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Corned beef hash with chipotle... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roast Chicken with Rosemary on an... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- GUINNESS BEEF STEW 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- HORSERADISH 4/5 (1 Votes)