Gruyere and Green Onion Waffles
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup shredded gruyere
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Adapted from spoonforkbacon.com
1. Place flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Stir in egg, milk and butter until mixture is well combined, but do not over mix.
3. Fold in cheese and green onion until just combined.
4. Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. Lightly spray waffle surfaces with cooking oil spray and add 1/3 cup of the waffle batter into the center of the waffle maker well and gently close the lid.
5. Cook waffle until golden brown and completely cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
6. Remove from waffle maker and serve immediately with whipped butter and honey, if desired.