Potato Leek Soup
- 3 large leeks, cut lengthwise, separate, clean. Use only the white and pale green parts, chop.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)*
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Marjoram - dash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Tabasco sauce or other red chili sauce
- Salt & Pepper
1 Cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper in a medium sized sauce pan. Cover pan, cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Check often. Do not brown leeks! Browning will give leeks a burnt taste.
2 Add water, broth, and potatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Scoop about half of the soup mixture into a blender, puree and return to pan. Add marjoram, parsley, and thyme. Add a few dashes of chili sauce to taste. Add some freshly ground pepper, 1-2 teaspoons salt or more to taste.
You'll also love
- Award Winning Maryland Cream of... 3.8/5 (582 Votes)
- Pineapple/Orange Turkey Ham Glaze 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie with Homemade Crust 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Cake (Jenny Belushi 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tortellini & Spinach Lasagna... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Latkas 4/5 (2 Votes)