Wild Rice Cranberry Stuffing
Servings 14 1/2 cups
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- (Or substitute 3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cornbread stuffing
- 1 16-ounce package wild rice, cooked according to package directions
Adapted from farmerowned.com
Cook bacon over medium heat in a stockpot until crisp.
Remove bacon and set aside.
Add butter to pan and melt over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and mushrooms.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add cranberries and chicken broth; bring to a boil over high heat.
Remove from heat and add stuffing, wild rice and bacon.