- 3 cups saltine crumbs, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Stir together 2 cups cracker crumbs and next 9 ingredients; fold in crabmeat. Shape into 8 (3-inch) patties; dredge in remaining 1 cup cracker crumbs.
Melt butter in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with Lemon-Dill Mayonnaise and Red Bell Pepper Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Garnishes: mixed salad greens, lemon slices, fresh parsley sprigs