Gnocchi Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 pound prepared gnocchi
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 F. Cook gnocchi to al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a pot, render the pancetta until browned, remove and set aside. In the remaining fat, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook until the mixture turns light brown. Slowly pour cold milk while whisking, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Lower heat and add garlic and cheeses. Stir until fully melted. Then add cooked pancetta and gnocchi. Stir until well combined, and then remove pan from heat.
In a small bowl, combine panko, parsley, Parmesan, and olive oil. In an oven safe dish, pour the mac and cheese, and then sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.