Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan & Herbs
Risotto isn't as hard to make as you may think. This simple recipe gives restaurant quality for a fraction of the cost
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) arborio rice(uncooked)
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Saute the onion, garlic, and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes.
Add the thyme, basil, arborio rice, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the stock.
Add the grated Parmesan and mix until smooth. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Octopus - Boiled and Charred 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad with Spiced... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut with Smashed... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Open-Face Steak Sandwich with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Mushroom-Swiss Mac & Cheese 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Lydia Bastianich's Creamy Mushroom... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Creamy Corn-Mushroom risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)