Italian Beefy Bites Dog Treats
If your dog seems to prefer sweet over savory (but you’re tired of making peanut butter treats), this dog treat recipe is definitely worth a try. I use leftover hamburger or spaghetti meat. This is also good if you want to get the meat that is on manager's special. Use it right away though.
- 2 cups cooked ground beef (about 2/3 lb. raw)
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 large eggs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from dogtreatrecipes.org
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Brown the ground beef.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked beef crumbles to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the tomato paste and toss until the beef is coated.
5. Add the cheese, flour, dry milk and eggs and mix well. Note: I use a combination of stirring and “mushing” to get all the dry ingredients to incorporate.
6. Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto your greased baking sheets. Note: These don’t really expand while baking, so drop them onto the sheet in a size that would work best for your dog.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the treats are a nice golden brown.
Makes 50-60 bite-sized dog treats
Store these in the refrigerator