Portobello Mushrooms With Eggs, Spinach, Roasted Peppers
- 4 portobello mushrooms - (3 1/2" to 4" dia) stems, gills removed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package ready-to-use fresh spinach leaves (10 oz)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 jar roasted red peppers - (7 1/4 oz) drained, and finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange mushrooms, rounded-side down, in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to plate. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees.
Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender, about 7 minutes. Add spinach; toss until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in thyme.
Arrange spinach in same baking dish. Top with mushrooms, rounded-side down. Fill each mushroom with 2 tablespoons peppers. Place in oven to keep warm.
Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet; stir until softly set, about 2 minutes. Fill mushrooms with scrambled eggs. Top each with 1 tablespoon peppers. Divide spinach and mushrooms among 4 plates.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (685 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Water Spinach With... 0/5 (0 Votes)