Apple Fennel Stuffing
Apple fennel stuffing can be made as a casserole as detailed in this recipe, or used to stuff your favorite bird. The fennel adds a wonderful texture and flavor to the final dish.
- 1/2 stick butter, plus more for baking dish
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- 8 cups cubed stale potato bread
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, fennel, apples, cranberries, sage and thyme and cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add turkey or chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Beat egg with parsley in a large bowl. Add cubed bread. Pour vegetable-broth mixture in bowl and toss.
Transfer mixture to a buttered baking dish and dot with butter. Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375°F.
Uncover and bake until golden, about 30 more minutes.
Here are some tips for converting any stuffing recipe for the slow cooker:
If it does not contain eggs, add 1 1/2 large eggs per loaf of bread used.
Cut back on liquid by 25%.
Cook on low heat for four to six hours.
You'll also love
- classic Mandarin orange salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb & Bulgur Meatloaf With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- parmesan and spinach orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple cider margarita 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Dream Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Green Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)