Pear And Sweet Wine Gelatin Parfaits
- 1 package sparkling white grape-flavored Jell-O (6 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups sweet Muscat wine, such as Quady Essensia (or other sweet dessert wine)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups seltzer or club soda
- 2 large ripe pears peeled, cored, and chopped
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
Place Jell-O in large bowl. Bring 1 cup Muscat and 1/2 cup water to boil in medium saucepan. Pour over Jell-O in bowl; stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally. Stir in seltzer (mixture will be foamy). Refrigerate until Jell-O is set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
Mix chopped pears and remaining 1/4 cup Muscat in small bowl. Spoon half of Jell-O into 4 wine goblets or parfait glasses, dividing equally. Top with pear mixture, then remaining Jell-O. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.