Hamburger Soup from the Pioneer Woman
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
- 2-1/2 pounds Ground Chuck
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (14.5 Ounce) Can Whole Tomatoes
- 3 cups Beef Stock Or Beef Broth, Plus More As Needed
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 4 whole Carrots, Peeled And Sliced On The Diagonal
- 5 whole Red Potatoes, Cut Into Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, More To Taste
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (more To Taste)
In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the meat with the onion, celery, and garlic. Remove the pot from the heat and drain off as much fat as you can. (Discard the fat once it cools.)
Return the pot to the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, then cover the pot and simmer the soup for 15-20 more minutes, until potatoes are tender but not overly mushy.
Soup should be somewhat thick, but if you'd like it to be more "soupy," add 1 to 2 cups more broth OR hot water and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt if needed.
Serve with crusty bread!