Chocolate Mud Bars
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, coarsley chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp.
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 325, butter 8 inch square baking pan.
Crust: Combine dry ingredients, mix well by hand. Add melted butter, stir well with fork,
and rub together with fingers until thoroughly mixed. Press evenly into pan with a 1/4 inch lip on sides.
Filling: Combine butter and chocolate in top of double boiler over not-quite-simmering water.
When melted whisk to smooth and remove pan from heat. Scrape chocolate into medium bowl and cool to luke warm. Whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla into lukewarm chocolate. Stir in walnuts. Spread batter over crust, smooth with spoon. Bake 35 min., no longer. Cool on rack,refrigerated before serving.