White Chocolate-Banana Crème Brûlée Tarts
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 EGGLAND’S BEST egg yolks
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® premier white baking chips (2 cups)
- 18 hard caramel or butterscotch candies, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 3 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Turn 12-cup muffin pan with regular-size cups upside down. Spray backs of muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2. Unroll 1 pie crust on work surface; roll into 12-inch round. Using 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut into 6 (4-inch) rounds. Repeat with second crust.
3. Place dough rounds over backs of muffin cups, pleating dough to fit around cups. Prick dough several times with fork. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove tart shells from muffin cups; place open sides up on cooling rack.
4. In small bowl, beat egg yolks; set aside. In 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat cream and baking chips over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Stir about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into egg yolks until well blended. Pour egg mixture back into saucepan; reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
5. Place tart shells on cookie sheet. Pour cream mixture into tart shells. Sprinkle each with 1 rounded teaspoon of the candies. Bake about 5 minutes or until candy is melted. Remove tarts from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 30 minutes. Top tarts with bananas; serve warm or cooled. Store covered in refrigerator.
1 Tart: Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 28g); Protein 4g